The refectory in Doberlug is a truly special venue. As the monks’ dining hall, it belonged to the Kloster Dobrilugk monastery, founded in 1165. The first documentary reference to the building was in 1371, but it is probably even older. Together with Schloss Doberlug castle and the monastery church, it now forms a beautiful ensemble of historic buildings. Larger events such as the summer theatre, carol singing at Christmas, exhibitions and workshops take place on the upper floor. The ground floor has a small kitchen and is used to provide catering at events.