Reithalle IV, now known as Reithalle A, is the most recent of the four riding halls at the Schiffbauergasse site. The building was constructed in 1915 according to plans by the Royal Construction Officer at Army Construction Office II, Robert Klingelhöffer, for the purpose of reinforcing the army. The neoclassical design of the structure is formally based on the Schinkelhalle. The structure is spanned by 26.5-metre cantilevered steel girders to accommodate a column-free riding arena. The then ultra-modern riding facility had a cooling stable in what is now the foyer in order to cool down the horses slowly after training. After being used by the German army, Reichswehr and Wehrmacht, the NVA and a radio and logistics battalion of the Soviet secret service KGB took over the former riding halls, using Reithalle A as a sports hall until the fall of the Berlin Wall. Since 1998, the hall has been home to the Hans Otto Theatre’s children and youth section. In 2004/05 the building was renovated in accordance with the monument preservation requirements and is now a modern theatre building.