Probably the oldest part of the village church was built in 1250 as a fortified church. In the current form of the church, only a small part is recognizable as a Cistercian church. A piece was added, as well as in 1863 the square brick tower on the western gable wall. In 1911 the sacristy was built. Since the pulpit altar had to be torn down in 1962 due to worm infestation, a baroque Hattenkerell carved altar from 1720 came to Hennickendorf. The organ of the church was built in 1876/77 by Albert Lang from Berlin.