The Hope Church was built in the 14th century and is situated on a village green with a medieval churchyard within a circular fieldstone wall. The church is a plastered hall with eastern extension as a winter church. The tower is made of split fieldstones and is rectangular in shape. During the 30-year war the church burned down in 1637. It was consecrated again 53 years later. It received a new organ in 1839 from the organ builder Heise from Potsdam.