The two residential buildings were completed in 1922 as type-identical duplexes for two families each. They belong to a series of factory housing units built in Hennickendorf by "Rittergut Rüdersdorf G.m.b.H.", founded in 1907 by August Thyssen, which operated a cement production plant, a sand-lime brick factory and several brickworks near the village. The houses built for the foremen employed at the factory and their families stand out clearly from the more simply designed residential buildings for workers and small employees due to their generous design. The design of the houses combines traditional elements of the Heimatstil with those of modernity.