The local history parlour is dedicated to the life and work of the citizens, the historic development of the town and to tobacco farming. 300 years ago, the Huguenots brought tobacco to Vierraden. Our little town has a population of 975 and was first mentioned in a document by Duke Barnim in 1265. The settlement charter for the town Vierraden was issued on August 30, 1515. The originally intended name for the area next to the castle had been “Rosengarten” (rose garden). However, this name was never used, but the town’s coat of arms features a rose to this day.
Many old items from citizens of Vierraden and the neighbouring towns and villages were collected for our local history parlour.