The only “Singers’ Town” in Germany is located in the western Lower Lusatian region, in the centre between Berlin and Dresden. Visitors can find out more about the history of the town and the region on a guided tour with one of the original Finsterwalde singers. Find out everything about “music and choral singing” in the choir-based “Chorwurm” exhibition in the district museum. More active visitors will be drawn to the many kilometres of cycle paths, as well as the Bürgerheide Park with its zoo, skater park and open-air swimming pool and indoor pool. The historic market square with its magnificent town houses, the St. Trinitatiskirche Church and the Renaissance palace, as well as the many owner-managed shops in the “Singers’ Town” are perfect for a leisurely tour of discovery.
The tourist information centre in the historic Town Hall on the town’s market square, would be very happy to assist with the following:
- Hotel bookings
- Room rental
- Restaurant bookings
- Conferences, seminars, choir rehearsals in the Town Hall
- Full-day and multi-day management of groups
- Guided tours of the town
- Hiking and bicycle tours
- Bicycle rental
- Hiking and cycle tours (guided tours also)
- Horse-drawn carriage trips, vintage museum railway trips, trips on a vintage bus or scenic flights
- Sale of event tickets via the eventim, Reservix, etix, ticketing systems, tickets for the New Senftenberg Theatre (for the region and throughout Germany)
- Regional maps, town maps, cycle route maps, postcards, souvenirs...