The "Altes Amtshaus" (old administrative building), built by David Gilly in 1790, is located opposite Steinhöfel castle. It is the only building by this architect which has been preserved virtually unchanged. David Gilly is one of the "Brandenburger Köpfe" people and is considered an architectural innovator. It is a building with a classicist design and it served as the administrative building and official seat of the Steinhöfel estate until 1945. After an eventful history, the building, which is owned by Gabriela Behnke, most of it is now open to the public and houses a gallery with alternating exhibitions, an exchange library and an ice cream parlour.
Our cafe is a seasonal operation, the service takes place exclusively outdoors. The distance between the tables is maintained.