The church in Wilmersdorf is one of the oldest sacral buildings in Brandenburg. Built between 1225 and 1250, the structure was first used as a defensive church. This can still be see today from the narrow steps and translucent window slits over the entrance to the cemetery chapel. A fire on August 20, 1897 resulted in the whole church being rebuilt. During this period, the double spire and belfry were built. The chancel is on the north side of the choir and the sanctuary with the heavenly sky is framed by colourful windows.