The Löwenapotheke (‘Lion Pharmacy’) is the oldest house on the town hall square. Built in 1703, it was originally destined for the mayor of the town, and in 1738 it then became a pharmacy.
The pharmacy also featured a guest house that played host to famous guests including the Prussian king Frederick II. The pharmacy takes its name from a golden lion decorating its entrance, and was operational until just a few years ago. It was purchased by the town in 2019.