The village church in Saxdorf is a remarkable testimony of Christian traditions of faith from the Middle Ages to the present day. The Romanesque brick building was built around 1230, when the German settlers established villages as well as the first churches. Medieval murals show the proclamation to Mary and the birth of Jesus. The magnificent late-Gothic wing altar was created around 1500. It was retained even after the introduction of the Reformation. The pews and the organ are evidence of the Protestant church services.
Saxdorf parish garden, right next to the church, is a magnificent garden with extraordinary botanical diversity. It is home to around 3,000 species of different plants and shrubs, including roses, camellias, magnolias and bamboo.