The Stadtkirche St. Nikolai Church is a historically evolved church that has leanings towards the traditions of the Protestant Church. While the early-Gothic eastern part dates back to the 13th century, the nave of the church and its rectangular west tower were constructed in the 16th and 17th centuries. The tower was raised in the 18th century with an octagonal upper floor with an onion-shaped domed cupola. The use of the church for Protestant church services can be recognised by the galleries which surround the interior of the church, which in turn has a flat wooden ceiling. The north side of the church features the patrons’ loggia, which carries the coats of arms of the patrons on the coloured frames of the gallery railing. On the left side is the coat of arms of the von Schleinitz family. And in the middle there is a pulpit altar dating from 1819, making it clear that the word of Jesus Christ has precedence here. The pulpit per se comes from an older pulpit constructed in 1690, which was integrated into the pulpit altar. A window on the north side of the nave contains the images of Martin Luther and Philip Melanchthon. The stained glass was painted at the end of 19th century.
The key to the church can be obtained from the rectory adjoining the church. Gothic (around 1300), although the western part with its tower and sacristy dates from the 16th century.