The church in the little village of Hohennauen on the north bank of Lake Hohennauener-Ferchesarer See is one of the oldest buildings in west Havelland. The tower was constructed in about 1200 and is a Romanesque building. The church is a simple stucco building in the Baroque style and was built in 1710-1720. The three-part carved altar was a gift from Cuno and Thomas von der Hagen dating from the 16th century. The images depict Moses’ death, the Last Supper with portraits of Hagen family members as disciples and the Annunciation. Above this are two colourful wooden statues of Matthew and Paul. The Baroque sandstone baptismal font dates from 1608. The 18th century organ was, like almost everything else in this church, donated by the noble families who once lived here. The whole church (excluding the tower) was restored both inside and out from 1983 to 1987 and returned to its original colours.
Viewings available by arrangement.