A small half-timbered building (from the eighteenth century) beside Lake Schwielowsee, situated at the heart of a wild and romantic ivy garden. Until 1850 this was the site of a lime kiln owned by the Rochow family. What is now Gehrcke’s (1896–1988) studio building was once the house of the former kiln master. In 1927 Gehrcke gave up his home in Berlin and moved to this house in Ferch, where he took up the freelance creative work that he devoted the rest of his life to here. His artwork can be viewed here.