This museum provides an insight into the pre- and early history of the region, as well as the history of the town. The technological monument integrated into the museum provides information about the history of water mills and the technology involved in them.
Art and culture under the roof of an old mill. The “Sprucker Mühle” is a former grain mill, first referenced in 1363. Following several fires, starting from 1980 it was converted and expanded into a museum. Since 1985 the building has housed Guben’s local history museum, which looks back on a ninety-year history of its own. The well-preserved technical facilities date back to the nineteenth century and the first half of the twentieth century. The building ensemble is a protected monument.