The “Natte Werder” (“wet island”) was colonised with Swiss farmers in the course of the “re-peopling” carried out by the Great Elector. The village church in Nattwerder was built in 1685, making it the oldest preserved church in Potsdam to be still in use. To the west it is joined by a low, square tower with a tile-covered pyramid roof. The gallery above the tower entrance and the wooden pulpit date from the construction period. The east gallery above the altar table was built in 1797 for a small organ. In 1996, Potsdam organ-builder Schuke installed an instrument with eight stops in the historic case. As in the past, the sun and moon rotate at the sound of a cymbal on the restored façade.
The village church of Nattwerder was reconstructed from 2007 to 2012.