The new rectory on Lutherstrasse was built in 1886 according to designs by government building officer Heinricht Otto Techow. This prestigious building features red brick architecture with neo-Gothic gables and a slate roof. The neo-Gothic architecture clearly conveyed the building’s function as a parish centre. In the front garden there is a statue of Martin Luther. Restoration measures were carried out from 2004 onwards and renovation of the building shell was supported by monument preservation funding. The historic ceiling painting in the portico was restored in 2013.