The brickwork structure on Schiffbauergasse immediately catches the eye. The large glass fronts on the ground floor and top floor give the classic building a modern architectural touch. The building at Schiffbauergasse 3 was erected in 1905 at the former barracks of the Life Guard Hussars Regiment and was used for storage purposes. After 1945 it was used by a radio and logistics battalion of the Soviet secret service KGB. From the mid-1990s onwards, the artistic management of the Hans-Otto-Theater had some of its offices here. Following an architectural competition by the Bundesstiftung Baukultur (Federal Foundation for Building Culture), the building was extensively renovated and modernised in 2009/10. In particular, the roof structure was in need of renovation and removed. Since the renovation, the Bundesstiftung Baukultur has used the former chamber building as its headquarters.