In 1751/52, the Prussian King Frederick II had this colonist house built in the colony of Nowawes for weavers and spinners who were suffered religious persecution. The first owner was Wentzel Sowtscheck from Bohemia. The weaver owned two looms and received the house as a royal donation.
Over the years the colonist's house was enlarged again and again: a transverse corridor with a parlour, a chamber and a kitchen were added. The Protestant Church later renovated the building using traditional, almost forgotten construction techniques such as “loam staking”. The restoration of the building shell was supported through the monument preservation funding programme. Today, the weaver's house is used by the Protestant parish as a meeting place for young people, as well as housing a world shop and a small museum with an exhibition on the history of the Bohemian weavers.