The Alexander Haus is a listed building on the shore of the lake Groß Glienicker See in the Potsdam district of Groß Glienicke. It was built in 1927 by order of the Jewish doctor and former president of the Berlin Medical Association Dr. Alfred Alexander as a weekend and summer house for the family. He and his family fled to England during the Nazi era, where many of his descendants still live today. Since 2003 the house stood empty. With the aim of transforming the house into a place of education and reconciliation, the Alexander Haus Association was founded in 2013, to which also members of the Alexander family belong. Not only through the fate of the family during National Socialism the house is a place steeped in history. Also through the GDR era: Until 1989, the Berlin Wall separated the house from the lake.