The Kreuzkirche Church was built on the site of the church that burned down in 1666 and was inaugurated in 1686 by Father Michael Helme. From 1697 to 1827, the church was simultaneously used by Lutherans and French Reformed Christians, the latter mainly from the nearby mirror factory. Up until 1900, the church had two altars and two pulpits. The architect of this church is the well-known Braunschweig architect Anton Reinhardt. The Kreuzkirche Church is the first baroque “central construction” style of church in the Mark Brandenburg region and one of the few examples of this early style of church to be preserved. The central construction rises above an octagonal floor plan with four flat rectangular cross arms. An octagonal tower, consisting of a large and small lantern with a curved “Schweifhaube”-style of baroque dome, rises above the curved cupola dome of the main body (restored in 1834). The cross arms feature hip roofs. There are also entrances at each of the front walls of the cross arms. The portals feature broken gable roofs on very strong brackets. Otherwise, the only other features of the plastered exterior are the subtle quoins at the corners and the high arched windows. The uniform fit-out dates almost entirely back to the time of its construction.