Anyone interested in architecture in Wittenberge will inevitably become familiar with Friede Everhard Bruns (1860–1944). He was appointed to the City Council in 1902. The Heisterbusch district was developed on the basis of his plans in the immediate vicinity of the central station. Art Nouveau style dominates the building.
The "House of the Four Seasons" with its colourful paintings dating from 1906 is the outstanding example of this. It stands in the largest Art Nouveau district in northern Germany. The former state school built in 1907, today the Friedrich Ludwig Jahn School, combines elements of Art Nouveau style and neo-Gothic style. Bruns also provided the designs for Wittenberge Town Hall, a prime example of a successful mix of styles.