The first documentary reference of this wall building dates back to 1386 and was referred to as "dat slot to perleberghe”. It was a prestigious place for the Brandenburg electors to stay when they visited the Prignitz region. However, in the course of its history, the half-timbered house also served as a prison, armoury and barracks. In the 18th century, the wall building passes into the hands of the town and took on the shape that it has today: a two-storey half-timbered house with large gated entrances. It now houses the municipal library, an event hall and an Italian restaurant for discerning visitors. Animal life carries on in the square in front of the wall building: a goose approaching two piglets drinking from a trough. A sparrow looks on and a cat slinks around the scene. The entire piece is a work by the artist Bernd Streiter.