The plastered granite structure of the village church in Steinhöfel is made up of sections that date back to different eras. The chancel was built in the second half of the thirteenth century, the nave and tower were built in the 14th and 15th century, and the wooden top section was added in 1778. The church has a really impressive interior. The artfully painted and now restored patronage box was donated by Balthasar Dietloff von Wulffen and his wife Louise von Beerfelde around 1720/30. The tombstones of the Wulffen family are integrated into the chancel walls. The tone-on-tone paintings of the box are likely to be based on a Dutch design. The richly ornamented altar from the early 18th century used to feature an integrated pulpit, but it was removed and an image of Christ was added in 1909. Another eye-catcher is the painted wooden baptismal font from 1671.
For information and the keys, please contact Brigitte Türk, Str. der Freundschaft 23, telephone +49 33636213, or Ulrich Voigt, Str. der Freundschaft 10, telephone 0160-5249730, or Burkhard Schmidt, Am Schlossweg 1, telephone +49 33636510.