Count Rudolf Finck von Finckenstein arranged for the villa to be built in 1880. After the initial resident – Finkenstein’s third wife Luise née Countess von Bernstorff – had died in 1916, the villa was home to their granddaughter Gertrud, her husband Curt von Wittich and their children, until they moved to Reitwein Castle in 1939. The von Wittich family was dispossessed and expelled after the end of the war.The castle was torn town in 1962, but the villa was used for various different purposes. Nevertheless, it deteriorated and became decrepit over time. It was only restored to its attractive appearance, when Günther-Alexander von Wittich returned to his childhood home after the reunification. He bought the villa back and refurbished it in line with its original style. The upper floor of the house was converted into a guest house in 2017/2018.
There are three spacious double rooms that can also be used as triple rooms. The two holiday apartments feature a double bed in the bedroom, as well as a sofa bed in the living area that provides for two further places to sleep. Breakfast is served in the breakfast parlour, and the two holiday apartments also feature a kitchenette. All units are equipped with en-suite bathrooms with toilet and shower, free Wi-fi and television.