This two-aisled brick church was built in 1900/1901 as a replacement for a half-timbered church originally dating back to 1740. Erected very quickly according to a design by Cottbus building inspector Robert Beutler, it features Gothic shapes and has a two-aisled hall that is remarkable and indeed rare. Slender granite columns in the central axis support the cross-ribbed vaults. The ribbed vaults and window jambs are executed in brick. The high church tower with its hipped roof and slender lantern was supposed to be blown up by the German army in 1945 so that it would not be a target for the Soviet artillery. While the tower was left standing after the blast, the lantern was severely damaged and the Sauer organ was completely destroyed.
Except for this organ, the interior decoration still survives, a new organ having been added in 1999. This instrument was originally built in 1939 as a home organ for the Berlin industrial baker Erich Dahm by Bavarian-based organ builder Steinmeyer; it was given to Heinersbrück as a gift by Erich Dahm’s heirs.