This farm building forms part of the Lieberose palace ensemble. From 1519 to 1945 this was the residence of Count von Schulenburg and his family, whose territory included vast stretches of woodland. One source of income for the Count’s family was thus the production and sale of pine seeds. To produce them more efficiently, this kiln was built for the purpose of drying and extraction.
The surviving technical features of the kiln were included in the restoration. The upper floors of the museum also house sections on the history of the town and palace as well as providing information on the history of forestry in this area. Visits can also be arranged outside opening hours by arrangement with the museum friends’ association.