There is evidence that there has been a church in Vietmannsdorf since the early 14th century. The carved altar piece from this time can be admired in the church. The church’s foundation walls to the east are made of granite, the other walls are made of bricks. The curved lantern tower allows for great views of the surrounding countryside. From 1946, the steeple was also used for forest management, as a fire watch tower.
Visitors entering the simple interior of the church will notice individual decorative items, such as the ornamental painting on the ceiling that was restored in 1990, or the pulpit with its gold ornaments. The gallery and organ date back to 1898 and were designed by the organ maker Albert Hollenbach from Neuruppin.