The church is located on a hill, but it is not easy to spot. Linden trees were planted around the churchyard wall in 1891, and these have meanwhile grown to an impressive size. The many paintings are particularly noteworthy, especially the ‘male pieta’ by artist Monika Brachmann. The organ was built in 1859 and restored in 1979.
The church can be heated, allowing for church services to take place also in winter.