St Sabine’s Church is Prenzlau’s oldest church. It was built in the 12th century, but strongly modified in 1816. Only the east gable of the granite structure dates back to medieval times. The interior features various precious items including a richly decorated carved Renaissance altar from 1597 and various paintings of pastors.
The friends’ association Sabinenkirche Prenzlau e.V. is concerned with the church’s preservation. Fund-raising concerts are held several times a year, and the church is open on Saturdays during the summer months.