In the summer of 2020, Angermünde museum and the tourist information centre are relocating to one of the oldest half-timbered houses in Angermünde: Uckermark House on the market square, in the heart of Angermünde's historic town centre.
Uckermark House, built in 1694, is currently being refurbished and converted. Visitors reach the tourist information centre via the foyer which features an old chest, a multimedia installation that tells old stories. There is a glass wall with a garden with fruit trees and cosy sitting areas for visitors. Angermünde museum is on the upper floor, which visitors get to via stairs and a lift. The museum will house a large collection on regional history and archaeology as well as exhibits related to the work of the writer Ehm Welk. Welk wrote "Kummerow", a literary homage to his home village of Biesenbrow near Angermünde. The new exhibition offers insight into the author's work and with interesting pictures explores the question of how literature and history are interlinked.