The village church in Groß Schönebeck – called the Immanuelkirche church since 1989 – is a simple, previously plastered hall construction made of rough cobblestones. It was probably built in the 14th century. After being destroyed during the Thirty Years’ War, it was rebuilt in brick from 1664 to 1673. The colourful mix of building materials in the masonry still stands out today. In 1690, the half-timbered spire and cupola.
The wooden pulpit altar has retained its strict forms and dates from the second half of the 18th century. The richly decorated organ is by G. Scholtze of Neuruppin and is dated 1749. In 2010, a priest discovered the former altarpiece of the pulpit altar in the farmers’ Baroque style in a wedding picture from 1957 – and found it again. It dated from 1746, when the church was fitted out.