The parish church of St. Peter and Paul is next to HNE Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development and Weidedamm Park. The Catholic church was built in 1876/7 by Vincenz Statz. He is a typical exponent of North German cobblestone Gothic (Revival).
After being destroyed in the Second World War, the church was initially slowly rebuilt, restoring its original condition. Extensive renovation work was carried out in 1990. Fortunately, the wall paintings in the niche of the apse with motifs from the Old and New Testaments dating from when the church was originally built were preserved. The church is the main church of the Deanship of Eberswalde.