The plastered church building with its curved tower cupola was built in 1755 in place of its wooden predecessor, which probably dated back to 1395. The new building was constructed under the patronage of Frederick II. Lightning struck the tower several times, and during the Second World War the parish had to hand over the two bells – one of them was later found in a bell cemetery and returned.
The organ from 1910 was built by organ builder Albert Hollenbach from Neuruppin. The pulpit is located in the middle of the east wall, and underneath it is wooden panelling painted in the late rococo style. The parish possesses a Venetian Bible from 1483, which on special occasions is brought from the Haus des Gastes to the church and is considered one of the oldest printed bibles in Brandenburg.