The townscape of Bad Liebenwerda is characterised not only by the large Protestant Church of St. Nicholas, but also by the smaller Catholic church. Built in 1882 and consecrated a year later, this church is a typical representative of historicism. The clinker brick façade with buttresses, lancet windows and an entrance portal are designed in a neo-Gothic style. The coloured choir loft windows with their dominant red and orange-yellow tones are a reminder of the Feast of Pentecost. A brass and copper-coloured cross hanging in the chancel draws attention to the patronage “Heart of Jesus”. On the left side, there is a bronze representation of the Stations of the Cross on the wall. The organ was installed in 1972. There is seating for about 90 visitors.