The double rood loft of the Stadtkirche St. Martini Church in Schlieben was built in the years 1858 to 1861 in place of its Baroque predecessor. So the nave of the church incorporates elements from the late-Gothic period. By contrast, the tower was only rebuilt in 1862 after a fire. The tower with its octagonal top, four arches and narrow spire is a key feature of the townscape. A statue of Luther has stood over the entrance since 1934. The interior of the Martinskirche Church was completely destroyed in the Thirty Years’ War. During the reconstruction, a wooden flat ceiling was installed in the nave instead of the vaulted roof. This means that the impression of space differs within the church, as the chancel continues to have a stone vaulted ceiling. Every year, concerts that form part of the Brandenburg Summer Concerts series are held in the church. The Baroque pulpit altar and the baptismal font are two elements really worth viewing in the church.