The Waldschänke Bad Erna serves traditional German cuisine in a family-friendly homely atmosphere. The oldest local recreation area in the Lower Lusatian region has is origins in mining – when mining came to an end, the Bad Erna, named after the mine owner’s wife, was established in 1920. Diners are served delicious dishes made using ingredients from the region in the historic buildings. The restaurant serves a variety of ‘schnitzel’ variations, and the menu also includes seasonal dishes, sometimes using local asparagus.
The functionally furnished dining area seats 38 guests. The “Gute Stube” parlour has space for another 20 people and a function room holds another 70 people. In fine weather, up to 80 diners can be served in the beer garden. The hotel has plenty of parking spaces for cars and buses.