Mühlberg is situated in the south-west of Brandenburg on the border with the Free State of Saxony and is shaped by the landscape of the River Elbe. The name of the town is inextricably linked to the battle at Mühlberg. The museum “Mühlberg 1547”, which recently opened in 2015, commemorates this important event in the Reformation era. It is located in the Provostry, an important Renaissance building from the 1530s, which also houses the tourist information centre.
The town has an impressive Old Town, including the monastery dating back to the 13th century and the Provostry. The Town Hall, the Frauenkirche Church and the palace are also worth a visit.