The Friedensmühle Petkus, built as a post mill in 1835, can be seen from far away when leaving the village of Wahlsdorf. The name Friedensmühle, meaning ‘Peace Mill’, was promoted by regional poet Richard Conrad in a newspaper article after the Second World War. In the 1950s the post mill was turned into a paltrok mill with a wind rose and patent sails. This rebuilding work made it possible to expand the mill and add more milling plants. Following extensive restoration work from the beginning of the 1990s, the mill is now fully functional again.