A restored half-timbered house dating from 1735 presents traditional costumes and customs from Lower Fläming, the development of crafts in the town and tobacco production. The exhibition focuses on rural life in the 17th and 18th centuries. The “Ratszimmer” (council chamber) is particularly eye-catching with its carved furniture dating from the Baroque to the Renaissance Revival periods.
Dahme local history museum has existed since 1905 and is therefore the oldest museum in the district of Teltow-Fläming. Is has only been at home in the half-timbered house since 1978 however.