Teltow, a small agricultural town located on the southern outskirts of the city in what has become known as the “Speckgürtel”, the “Bacon Belt”, is probably best known for growing “Teltow turnip” and as a hub for innovative technology. The well-known vegetable grown in the Marches region, which was even enjoyed by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, is today appreciated by top chefs all over the world. Teltow's sights include a renovated historic town centre with a picturesque market square.
Tourist Information Centre services:
- Free brochures and information material
- Information on sights and days out
- Information on overnight accommodation
- Sale of local and travel literature, postcards, souvenirs, maps and turnip products
- Sale of event tickets for municipal events as well as for Kulturklub Teltow e.V. cultural events
- Sale of the Welcome Card