The village church in Päwesin is a plastered, single-nave church in the Baroque style. The church was consecrated in 1728 – the year is shown on the weather vane. Inside the church, the dark, the somewhat austere-looking wood panelling on the galley and pulpit altar seen through the balustrade is quite eye-catching. The gallery runs around three sides in a horseshoe shape and has kept its simple Baroque form. A welcome contrast to the dark furnishings is provided by the front window on the north wall – a colourful glass painting depicts the Return of the Prodigal Son and was created in 1904. The fittings also include two oil paintings on the side walls of the choir room: The “Sacrifice of Isaac” and the “Sacrificial Death of Jesus”. The original organ by master organ builder Johann Tobias Turley from Treuenbrietz was fully restored by the organ building company of Alexander Schuke in the 1930s. Visitors to the church are also invited to view the parish garden to the left of the church – a place for parish events.
Church May to Sept. open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Key from Päwesin parish office, telephone +49 33838- 40226, or by prior arrangement from the Fleischer family, Fischerstr. 1, telephone +49 33838 40353