The lock is located at the eastern end of the federal waterway Elbe-Havel Canal, between the municipalities of Wusterwitz and Woltersdorf. The northern lock is the original lock dating back to 1930. It is a barge train lock. There is a bridge over the lower gates. The old operations building is also located there. A new lock (southern lock) with hydraulic side filling is being built as part of a transport project.
Location: Elbe Havel Canal (EHK) kilometre 376.79
Chamber dimensions: 218.59 metres long; 12.80 metres wide
Drop height: 4.75 metres maximum
The lock is operated on site.
For up-to-date information, see the service website run by Wasserstrassen– und Schifffahrtsverwaltung des Bundes.