Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart
The foundation stone was laid in 1875, and the church was built in the neo-Gothic style, based on a drawing by the construction officer Friedrich Schmidt from Vienna, who completed the St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna. The outside of the church is built from red shaped bricks and screen stones. The tower is more than 50 metres tall and leaning against the western gable of the church. The main entrance is located in its base. The nave is 21 metres long on the inside, 12 metres wide and 15 metres high. The presbytery (choir) has an inside width of 6.42 metres and is 7.82 metres deep and 12.50 metres high. The church has an overall length of 30 metres. The sacristy is located in an annexe on the southern side of the presbytery.