St. Marienkirche Church in Groß Kölzig, which is under monument protection, is the oldest building in the town. The 26-meter high church tower is a decorative feature with its soaring pyramid-like roof, four corner towers and slatted bell windows, which are over five metres high. The altar was built using wood in the 17th century and was given its present appearance in 1785. Its remarkable interior includes the pulpit, which consists of a pulpit basket with cover supported on an upright pillar. Carvings and ornaments show Christ, Moses and the four Evangelists. They are works of art in a Baroque farmhouse painting style, created around 1720.