Together with the tour guide you will get to know the first German garden city Marga. It was designed and built according to designs by Georg Heinsius von Mayenburg. It was built as a factory settlement of the Ilse-Bergbau-AG with complete infrastructure, as there was a great demand for housing for workers and civil servants at that time.
The garden city is characterized by Dresden's reform architecture and elements of late Art Nouveau. Before the tour, there is an opportunity to visit the exhibition about the garden city.
- on the road to the topic of industrial culture
- Experience the architecture of a garden city
- Certified tour guides
- Children under 12 years free of charge
- Number of participants: up to a maximum of 25 people
- Duration: max. 2 hours
- Registration and ticket purchase required: up to 5 days in advance at the Senftenberg Tourist Information Office (last-minute visitors are welcome to inquire whether the appointment will take place)
- Meeting point: Information board on the Platz des Friedens, 01968 Senftenberg/ OT Brieske
- Please arrive at the meeting point with the booked tickets 10 minutes before the appointment so that the city tour can start on time.
- The city tour takes place exclusively in German and is only partially barrier-free (cobblestones)