The town Forst (Lausitz) right by the river Neiße is also known as the town of roses. It gained this reputation most of all thanks to the rose garden “Ostdeutscher Rosengarten” that is among Germany’s most beautiful parks. Tens of thousands of roses of close to 1,000 varieties are presented in the 17 hectares big grounds. Further attractions that are worth a visit include the textile museum “Brandenburgisches Textilmuseum”, the archive of lost places and the historic bicycle and riding stadium. Among the annual highlights is the rose festival “Rosengartenfesttage”, as well as other cultural events and riding, show jumping and cycling competitions. Those who prefer getting onto a bike themselves, can explore the area’s more than 600 kilometres of state-of-the-art cycle paths surrounded by beautiful scenery.
- Information about the Lusatian Lake District
- Free advice and arrangement of accommodation in Forst (Lausitz) and the Döbern Land region
- Arrangement and organisation of guided tours of the town and the park “Ostdeutscher Rosengarten”
- Provision of tourist information materials and maps
- Sale of souvenirs and regional products
- Sale of tickets for events in Forst (Lausitz) and “Forster Stadtgutschein” gift cards