This building was commissioned by the Prussian King, Frederick II, in 1753. Along with 210 other houses it was part of the first construction phase of the Baroque colony of Nowawes for weavers and spinners from Bohemia who were prosecuted because of their religious faith. The first owner of the house, by royal donation on July 7, 1760, was the cotton weaver George Lehmann from Braack in Saxony. In 1902 the property was purchased by parish priest Hermann Dessin, in 1926 a Protestant kindergarten opened there and in 1935 it passed into the hands of the Protestant parish. In 1996 the building was extensively renovated and after one year of construction the kindergarten was reopened.