The Prussian King Frederick II had the colonist house built in 1751. It was one of the first of a total of 210 houses. The gardener Jacob Rochowin became the first owner through royal donation.
Today the building houses two doctor’s surgeries and, together with the extension of the gatehouse, forms the entrance area to the grounds of the Oberlinhaus. In the years 2002/03, renovation of the building was supported with monument preservation funding.