The Friedenssaal at Villa Tieck in Potsdam-Sanssouci is situated at Schopenhauerstraße. The parish of Friedenskirche operates a kindergarten in the villa. So the villa is also called “Friedenshaus”. In 1845 a previous baroque construction was revised by the architect Ludwig Persius. It was intended to be part of a poet trail that Friedrich Wilhelm IV planned at the main gate to Sanssouci Park. He planned nine villas in antique-like style at Schopenhauerstraße between Hegelallee and the triumphal gate at Winzerberg hill. But only this one villa was built. From 1841 to 1849 it served as a summer residence for the poet Ludwig Tieck. In 1874 the kindergarten of Friedenskirche parish was established at the villa. It was named Königin-Elisabeth-Haus.
The adjoining Friedenssaal was built in 1907 by Lothar Krüger and was used for community events, as a meeting place for the young women´s Christian association and for various festivities. The Friedenssaal can now be used for concerts, readings, weddings, birthday parties, family celebrations, business events, conferences, seminars, lectures, church weddings and film and slide shows. The small Friedenssaal (approx. 70 sqm) offers space for 45 seats at tables, the large Friedenssaal (approx. 176 sqm) 100 seats at tables. For concerts, row seating up to max. 175 seats is possible in the large hall. The halls can be reached barrier-free via an elevator. One or both halls are available with or without use of the small kitchen. The following technical equipment is available: screen, microphone, lectern, podium, stage, small music system and a high-voltage connection.